The team at Euro-Men Painting Ltd has compiled this list of frequently asked questions in hopes of helping you find a quick answer to your painting question. If you don’t see you question listed here don’t hesitate to contact us!
A.Touching up a wall is a challenge for professionals and the do-it-yourself crowd alike. First and foremost, use paint from the same can used on the wall. Carefully read and follow the instructions on how to reduce the paint. Next, apply the paint using the same medium it was originally applied with—roller or brush. Try to “feather” the paint from the outside edge of the area you want to touch-up into the centre.
A.To ensure maximum durability, wait a minimum of 2 weeks before washing freshly painted walls. Always avoid the use of harsh chemicals and abrasives, these can easily damage the paint film. Choose a liquid or dry cleaner and dilute it according to the severity of the dirt or debris on the wall. Test a small amount on an inconspicuous area before applying. Using a sponge or cloth, wash the dirt away without allowing the cleaner time to dry. Rinse thoroughly and repeat as necessary.
A. Much has been written on this topic but we can endeavour to provide a general overview.
- Warm Colours: Reds, yellows and oranges promote cheerfulness and create excitement.
- Cool Colours: Blues, greens and purples promote peacefulness and entice a feeling of relaxation.
- Dark Colours: A deep tone makes an area appear smaller.
- Light Colours: Light tones and off-whites brighten up a space making it appear more spacious.
- Bold Colours: Draw in the eye and generate excitement.